The Phan Foundation is today opening nominations for the 2019 Padoh Mahn Sha Young Leader Award.
This award is given annually to outstanding young Karen leaders who work for the development of their community. If you know a young Karen person whose hard work and commitment deserves recognition, please do nominate them.
This year, an award of $3000 will be given to the organisation or community for whom the recipient of the award works. In the past years, the award was given with $2000. The winner of the award will be announced in early 2020.
“For more than a decade, the Padoh Mahn Sha Young Leader Award has recognised the outstanding work of young Karen leaders, and helped to fund their work.” said Nant Bwa Bwa Phan, Director of the Phan Foundation.
Past recipients of the award now have leading roles in civil society organisations including Karen Women’s Organisation, Women’s League of Burma and Karen Environmental Social Action Network.
Nominations should be sent to Nant Bwa Bwa Phan: email@example.com
How to nominate someone:
- Any Karen person under 35 is eligible to be nominated.
- That person can be living anywhere in the world.
- Nominations can be made by any individual or organisation.
- Organisations can nominate one of their own members.
- Please focus on outcomes and achievements in your nomination.
- Nominations can be made in Karen, Burmese or English.
Nominations close on 31st December 2019.